Monday, August 6, 2007

Ok - so not everything is free...

It's ok though, we'll work through this. I just ate at my favorite sushi restaurant (so far) here in Vegas and couldn't resist posting a review of it.

Sin City Sushi: All You Can Eat Sushi at Sushi Mon in Las Vegas

I'd like to admit that I was super skeptical of the "all you can eat" sushi restaurants around town. I'd never seen this concept before I moved to Las Vegas. To me, "all you can eat" implies buffet style which in turn implies "not so fresh."

So I must say I was pleasantly surprised when I found out how the "all you can eat" aspect works at a sushi restaurant. What they really mean is "All you can eat...in an hour." Upon being seated you receive a menu and a roll list just like any other restaurant. Upon being seated the waitress at Sushi Mon (9770 S. Maryland Parkway #3, Las Vegas), asked if we would like the "all you can eat" option - and then explained it to us when we asked her about it. During lunch, for $22.95 you get one hour to order as many rolls as you would like. Whatever you want and as much as you want. However, as great as this sounds - you will be charged extra for anything that you don't eat. Which I think is fair, because it's not right to waste food. Dinner is 3 dollars more.

So we ordered our rolls and waited. Service was quick and right away we had our freshly prepared first batch of rolls made by the sushi chefs behind the bar. We got our usuals to start - Kapa Maki (Cucumber roll), Philadelphia rolls, spider rolls, some spicy tuna, and sea bass. Our baseline, our standards. We also ordered two specialty rolls - a TNT roll that was advertised as super spicy and a dragon roll - which had some interesting ingredients including a spicy mayo which I absolutely love. My favorite - the spider roll:



Upon tasting the TNT roll I did have to call the waitress over - for more water! It was advertised as spicy, but it was crazy spicy. I was practically crying - if only it didn't taste so good! Read More...

No comments: